control•r™ module and apps
Rinnai creates innovative solutions that enhance the way people live. And with the introduction of the Rinnai control•r™ Wireless Module and mobile app for Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters, we’re taking control and flexibility to a new level. With Wi-Fi connectivity, new and existing Rinnai Residential and Commercial Tankless Water Heaters (2006 and newer) can be remotely monitored and controlled via smart devices.
- Control and Convenience: Control your Rinnai Tankless Water Heater from a smart phone or tablet.
- Adjust temperature
- Register product via QR code or serial number
- Activate recirculation (if you have a recirculation system)
- Remote Diagnostics and Monitoring Alerts: Remote diagnostic tools provide detailed system information.
- Select a monitoring dealer
- Receive automatic maintenance alerts
- Monitor system performance
- Enable monitoring dealer to manage system performance and provide faster service
- On Demand Hot Water: With the addition of Wireless Demand Recirc accessories, hot water can be obtained at the push of a button.
- 5 Key installation Tips
- Paring your push button to tankless water heater
- Set it and walk away - setting recirculation parameters
The new control•r™ Wi-Fi Module attaches easily to the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater by a two-wire interface quickly connecting through your Wi-Fi network for monitoring. Once connected and the free Rinnai app is downloaded, the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater can be controlled from your smart phone or tablet.
For Models with Recirculation Capability
If your system has recirculation capability, you can activate recirculation though the use of the control•r™ module. The module can be wirelessly paired with motion sensors or push buttons. The enhanced control•r™ mobile app with Smart Home technology integrates more than 20 voice commands allowing on-demand voice activation of the recirculation system and temperature control. Rinnai Tankless Water Heater paring with Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Samsung SmartThings is possible.
This groundbreaking innovation allows users to just say “Alexa, ask Rinnai to start circulation” or “Google, tell Rinnai I want to take a shower,” or add Rinnai to your Samsung SmartThings morning wake up routine and the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater will spring into action and begin circulating hot water. Additionally, the enhanced control•r™ mobile app has been updated to include built-in timers and schedules allowing for multiple on/off periods throughout the day, with the schedule stored locally on the control•r™ module. The app also allows users to remotely put the system into vacation mode when they are away, and even stop a scheduled recirculation event from starting. Update your mobile app today by going to your app store.
Read Me Documents for control•r™:
- Push Button Document-Push Button
- Push Button and Temperature Sensor Documentation
- Push Button with Recirculation Pump Documentation
- Push Button, Temperature Sensor and Recirculation Pump Documentation
- control-r 1.0 Wi-Fi Module Installation Manual - With Pairing Instructions
- control-r Motion Sensor Installation Instructions
- control-r Push Button Installation Instructions
- control-r Temperature Sensor Installation Instructions
- On-Demand Recirc Quick Start Guide - Push Button
- Recirculation with On-Demand Accessories User Guide